Blessed Herbs Digestive Stimulator (90 Vegetarian Caps)
Blessed Herbs Digestive Stimulator (90 Vegetarian Caps)
Blessed Herbs Digestive Stimulator™ is an all-natural herbal laxative that contains 17 of nature’s most powerful digestion-optimizing botanicals from around the world. It provides gentle, yet effective support for healthy, regular elimination with bowel cleansing herbs and natural bulking agents, and also helps support the liver and kidneys in removing toxins from the body. The unique combination of ingredients in this formula also help to reduce gas, bloating and digestive upset.
- Stimulates the digestive process and promotes easy, regular bowel movements and overall digestive comfort
- Encourages healthy detoxification and elimination of toxins by increasing the frequency of bowel movements
- Eases indigestion and helps soothe and calm an upset stomach
- Made in an FDA inspected facility to meet the stringent standards of US Pharmacopeia (USP) for quality, purity, potency and disintegration
- Natural Laxative - Aloe vera, cape aloe, cascara sagrada and other time-tested natural laxative herbs help to stimulate digestion and increase the frequency of bowel movements.
- Makes Elimination Easier - Plantain, which provides psyllium husk, along with licorice, helps to draw moisture into the stool, making it bulkier and easier to pass for increased ease of elimination.
- Soothes Digestion - Ginger, fennel, fenugreek, peppermint and other digestion-calming herbs work together to promote digestive comfort by reducing gas, bloating and indigestion.
- Supports Detoxification - Dandelion root is included to support the liver and kidneys in functioning optimally to promote efficient elimination of toxins from the body through the digestive tract.
Keeping your bowels moving regularly is critical to optimizing your digestive health and comfort, and it's important to have at least one bowel movement per day to maintain optimal wellness. Regular elimination is especially important during any kind of cleansing program since toxins are released into the body, so it is crucial to keep the bowels moving to escort these toxins out versus them being reabsorbed by the body.
One of the best ways to ensure regular bowel movements is with the use of time-tested natural laxative herbs that gently, yet effectively promote elimination and bowel cleansing, and that’s why we created Digestive Stimulator™. Its unique blend of 17 herbs includes natural laxatives that help increase the number of bowel movements per day, along with digestion-soothing herbs to reduce gas and bloating. This well-rounded formula also provides detoxification support for the liver and kidneys.
Ingredients and Function
- Aloe Vera Leaf – World-renowned for its soothing effects, aloe vera contains more than 75 biologically active phytonutrients, including natural laxative compounds called anthraquinones, which are potent digestive stimulators.
- Barberry Root – Barberry has a long history of use throughout Asia, Europe and North America as a digestive tonic, among numerous other uses. Its roots contain the potent alkaloid berberine, which may help explain barberry’s effectiveness for occasional diarrhea.
- Cape Aloe Leaf – Native to South Africa, cape aloe, or bitter aloe, is the tallest of the more than 400 aloe species. Cape aloe leaf is used as a laxative to stimulate bowel movements and encourage healthy digestive regularity.
- Cascara Sagrada Bark – Cascara sagrada bark is harvested from trees found primarily along the Pacific coast of North America. Like aloe vera, cascara sagrada contains natural laxative anthraquinones, and was used by the indigenous peoples of the Pacific coast as a purgative.
- Chinese Rhubarb Root – Native to China where it has been used for over 2,000 years as a colon cleanser and purgative, this species of rhubarb contains natural laxative anthraquinones. It is often combined with digestion-soothing herbs to balance out its potent effects.
- Dandelion Root – A common weed found throughout the world with traditional use dating back as far as the 10th and 11th centuries, dandelion is a powerful digestive tonic. The root is used to promote detoxification and elimination of toxins by stimulating the liver and kidneys.
- Fennel Seed – The seed of the fennel plant is a powerful ally for digestive comfort, due to its ability to ease digestive spasms and expel gas. Fennel seed is often used in combination with stronger laxative herbs, such as cascara sagrada, to help minimize the potential for cramping.
- Fenugreek Seed – Fenugreek is a plant native to southern Europe whose seeds contain fluid-absorbing mucilage, which swells in the large intestine to promote regularity and keep the contents of the digestive tract moving. Mucilage also helps soothe an irritated gastrointestinal tract.
- Fringe Tree Root Bark – The Virginia fringe tree is used traditionally for all types of digestive issues, including constipation, and liver and gall bladder complaints. By promoting the flow of bile from the gall bladder, it stimulates digestive function, supporting healthy regularity.
- Ginger Root – The warming, pungent root, or rhizome, of the ginger plant is renowned for its ability to ease nausea and provide digestive relief. Ginger stimulates gastric acid secretion and peristalsis to help ease indigestion, belching, gas and feelings of fullness after eating.
- Licorice Root – With over 6,000 years of traditional use as a stomach soother, licorice root increases protective mucus and draws moisture into the stool, making it softer and easier to pass. It is often used with anthroquinone-containing herbal laxatives to increase their effectiveness.
- Meadowsweet Aerial Parts – Meadowsweet is a perennial herb that contains salicin, which is known for its ability to promote a normal inflammatory response. The British Herbal Compendium lists meadowsweet for acid indigestion and gastric irritation.
- Peppermint Leaf – The leaves of the peppermint plant are popularly brewed into a refreshing, digestion-soothing tea. The volatile oils, which are most concentrated in the leaves, calm the digestive tract, acting as natural gas and indigestion fighters.
- Plantain Aerial Parts – English Plantain Herb is common throughout the world, and often appears in cultivated soil. English Plantain is thought to promote a healthy bacterial response and may also promote healthy immune system function.
- Triphala – Literally meaning “three fruits,” triphala is a highly revered traditional Ayurvedic herbal formulation consisting of amla, belleric myrobalan, and chebulic myrobalan. Used as a digestive tonic and bowel cleanser, triphala provides gentle support for regular elimination.
- Other Ingredients: Vegetarian capsule composed of vegetable cellulose and purified water. † Certified Organically Grown. Contains 43% Organic Ingredients.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 90
Amount Per Serving: % DV*
Proprietary blend: 450 mg
Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule daily. Increase as needed to assure your bowels move two to three times every day.
NOTICE: This product contains Cape Aloe, Aloe Vera, Cascara Sagrada, and Chinese Rhubarb. Read and follow directions carefully. Do not use if you have or develop diarrhea, loose stools or abdominal pain because Cape Aloe, Aloe Vera, Cascara Sagrada and Chinese Rhubarb may worsen these conditions and be harmful to your health. Consult your physician if you have frequent diarrhea or if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or if you have a medical condition.
CAUTION: Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing. Do not exceed recommended dosage. Not for long term use. Because of the Ginger root, consult your healthcare provider before using, if you have gallstones, peptic ulcers, or take anticoagulant or antiplatelet drugs. The Licorice root has a glycyrrhizin content of less than 1 milligram per capsule. Taking amounts of 100 milligrams/day or less have been found free of adverse effects. As a precaution, those with diabetes, high blood pressure, hypokalemia, heart, kidney, or liver disease, or taking heart medications, should ask their healthcare provider if this low level of glycyrrhizin in the Licorice root is safe for them to take.